Monday, July 31, 2006

That's a sexy ride...

That's right, I'm lovin' my loaner ride. My beloved Ford Escape is currently in the shop. It's making this weird, whirring/warbling noise when I first start it up. It is not a noise that any healthy car should ever make. What sucks about this is that the car in question is only four months old. Oh well, at least it's still under warranty. The dealer issued me a complimentary rental to drive until they figure out what's wrong with my car. I'm not really all that stoked about what they gave me. They gave me a lovely old granny sedan, in an appealing shade of maroon, that kind of smells like stale ass. I'm so not feeling the love from this vehicle.
I guess I should just count my blessings that the car has all four doors and an air conditioner that works, sorta. I cannot wait to switch this thing back out. They tell me that my ride will be done by Wednesday at the latest, so let's all keep our fingers crossed.
In other news, this morning's run went well. I churned out a quick five miles on the treadmill before work. I thought it was going to be tough, as I did not sleep well at all last night, but it actually went very well. I also had a student therapist start her internship at my office today.
This is nice, because we've been pretty busy lately and I can desperately use the assistance. Although student interns are free and occasionally competent help, they are also a lot of work. There are midterm, and final evaluations, daily work reviews, and discussions of the next day's tasks, and this one does not really seem to have much initiative. I cut her some slack, as today was her first day in my office...but she's going to have to work a smidge harder to be successful here.
My boss does not seem to understand that having an intern does not mean less work, it just means different work. I spent over twelve hours at my office today, and I can count the number of times I got to sit down on one hand, and still have fingers left over. Fun stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but laugh thinking about you in a granny car. Hope your car gets fixed soon.