Monday, May 28, 2007

I love long weekends

But I don't get nearly enough of them. I love that going to bed on Sunday night knowing that you get one more day to sleep in and not have to work. Even though we didn't do too much this weekend, it was still nice and relaxing. We rented a bunch of movies on Friday night. I highly recommend Deja Vu with Denzel Washington. The rest of the movies weren't quite as memorable (and included the Justin Timberlake film debut ...Alpha Dog). Saturday we lounged around, barbequed with the neighbors, and just generally did nothing much. Yesterday I got up early, but felt like ass, so went back to bed until almost eleven. This never happens, so to say I was shocked at what time the clock read when I finally woke back up is an understatement.
We caught the late morning showing of the new Pirates of the Caribbean, which I was pretty disappointed in. Part of my disappointment comes from the fact that the kid behind me kept kicking my chair, but the largest part of it was that the movie just really wasn't that good.
Today we slept in, then took the dog to a new park near the house. We thought the park would be really crowded since it's a holiday weekend, but there were only about a half dozen other people there. It was a pretty nice park, kind of off the beaten path. Most of the park is still under construction, and the rain from last night had closed the main trail. The poor dog was exhausted after visiting the park. He was so tired he actually slept in the car on the way home. Normally he's a barking, whining spaz in the car, so this was a rare treat. We took the long way home, down these little two lane country roads, instead of taking the highway. We found some really nice pieces of property...if only we could afford to buy.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

I am glad that you had a very relaxing weekend.

Sonia said...

Thanks for the comment about the running skirt on my blog. I tried the TRIKS one and really really love it!! The shorts underneath are long enough to avoid any "chaffing" possibilities. =)

I got a tennis skirt at Nike, like you recommended, the fabric is thicker and the shorts underneath shorter, I haven't tried it yet, so we'll have to see if Body Glide is good enough! It only cost me 10$ so that's why I tried it. Anyway, thanks again for the tips and I hope the pregnancy is going well!!