Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ughhh and yeaaaa

First the ughhh part of this post. I am violently ill...still. I feel as though I'm never going to stop puking. I actually had a streak of about four days where I went without puking, but today is the third day in a row that I'm back on the throwing up every two or three hours train. This sucks. I have to keep telling myself it'll be worth it in the end...
On to the yeaaa portion of the post. Valentine's Day was pretty awesome, even though dear husband had class and we didn't really get to celebrate. He did send me some pretty flowers to work though, and all of the baby's bedding arrived on my doorstep yesterday. Baby shit is so freakin' cute. We picked a green and yellow set (since we-or at least I, want the gender to be a surprise)with a circus theme, I love the little monkeys (of course). My inlaws, who live out of town sent us a really cool gift as well. They sent a very sweet card saying how excited they are for us and a monitor to listen to the heartbeat at home. I've been playing with it, but so far haven't been able to find the shrimp's heartbeat. I'm not concerned though, as the instruction manual states that you should be a bit farther along than we are before attempting to use the monitor.
On the running front, we got four to six inches of the white powdery crap (no, not that white powdery crap) on Tuesday morning, so our first GOTR meeting was cancelled. We tried to reschedule for tomorrow, but the kids are off school, then next Tuesday half of our girls have a mandatory orchestra practice, so that's a no go as well. At this point it looks like we'll be getting things rolling a week from tomorrow, so I'll be missing the first session. I'm disappointed with that, but what are you gonna do?
I've been running a bit, only three miles five or six days a week, but that's plenty. I'm still having some plantar fascitis like symptoms in my right foot. Some days it feels normal and other days it hurts like hell. I keep trying to convince myself that I just need to treat it already, but I keep finding excuses why not to do it. Enough already, right?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What? They didn't send you your own sonogram machine, a la Tom Cruise? ;-)

Glad everything's going well, aside from all the vomit.

Anonymous said...

I hear the sickness leaves - hang in there.
Also congrats again on the little monkey - his/her stuff sounds adorable.
PTs are really bad patients aren't we?

MNFirefly said...

I am SO sorry that the damn anytime sickness. (No point in calling it morning sickness - been there, done that!) I did not puke myself during my pregnancies 'cept ONCE, but had horrible nausea. I TOTALLY feel for you right now. I ended up drinking a lot of Ensure Protein during the pregnancy with my oldest (a BOY!) to get the nutrients that he needed...and WORKED!

Hang in there. I envy that you can get some running in. My damn IT band will not allow me. UGH! You rock!

Arcane said...

Hang in there. Hopefully the up-chucking will pass with time. It's good to hear you're still running though if I were in your shoes (which I'm pretty sure I will never be...), I'd expect to be waited on hand and foot.