Thursday, February 22, 2007

This week has just flown by

So, first things first...how the heck did it get to be Thursday already? Not that I'm complaining, I'd love all of my work weeks to go by so quickly, but I really have no idea where this week has gone.
I've had quite a few good runs this week. Namely, yesterday's and today's. Granted they were only three miles apiece, but they really went well. For the past several weeks I've been so incredibly tired by the time I get halfway through my run that I've really had to struggle to finish them. But the past two runs have gone very well. I'm tired afterwards, but not exhausted. That's a good thing. It must be the new shoes. I saw that Sports Authority had my Asics GT2110s on sale for fifty percent off. So I bought a much needed new pair. That's probably the only good thing about model changeouts, is that the pair I've been using gets drastically marked down. I only bought one pair even though they had several because I figured my feet might widen out with the pregnancy and then the extra shoes would be worthless. I wanted them in lime green, but somehow they only had one lime green shoe out of the pair they had. I'm not really sure how that happens.
We told my parents about the baby on Sunday. They were over the moon to say the least. My mom is already talking about the shopping spree she's going to be going on. This is gonna be one spoiled baby. I told my godmother and grandma's on Monday. My godmother and mom's mom were psyched. My dad's mom, not so much. I really think that she thinks I'm too young. I don't think she realizes that I'm going to be thirty in just over a year. (I'm pretty sure there's some undiagnosed dementia there somewhere.) Her exact response to the question how would you like to have a great grandbaby was: That's nice, how's Max (the dog)? Yeah, you're totally thrilled, I can tell.
I told my boss today, and he was suprisingly nice about it. I even managed to convince him that it would be much more economically feasible for him to allow me to roll the remaining fourteen days of vacation that I have coming to me this year into next year (my hire date is August 1st) and use them as part of my maternity leave. So it looks like I'll be getting seven weeks PTO and three weeks non-paid. What a relief. I thought this was going to be a huge battle!

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

I am glad that most of your family is happy about the baby. As for your dad's mom, I seriously don't know where she's coming from. I was MUCH younger than you when I had my oldest at age 22. I am also the oldest on both sides (and was most spoiled grandchild until my sister came along.

I am glad that your boss was willing to move your vacation until you have the baby. Consider yourself very lucky. I hope you are starting to feel better.

Arcane said...

I don't think bosses can act too "bossy" when it comes to maternity leave. How can you say no to a pregnant woman?