Thursday, February 01, 2007

I am so sick of snow

Just when the old stuff gets just about all the way melted, in comes another load. Last night I was watching television...live not Tivo'd, and the weather guy came on saying that there were flurries in portions of the western viewing areas. I thought he was making stuff up. Then I took the dog out, yep, color me stupid, apparently it'd been snowing for quite awhile, as there was about a half inch of powder on my deck.
I wouldn't mind snow if I didn't have to go to work. I just don't like driving in it, even though I'm only four or five miles from work, and I have four wheel drive. You can never tell what the other clowns on the road are going to do.
I've had a busy week, but I've managed to get all of my runs in thus far. I've only been doing little three mile jaunts on the treadmill, and I seem to have ruined my ability to get out of bed and get my run in before going to work, but at least I'm geting it done. I've been having additional problems with my right foot, again. This is different than the pain I had early though. Different location, different type of pain. I think I might just need new shoes.
I'm enjoying my time on the treadmill so far. It's amazing how quick those miles fly by. I don't really have to focus on them, and I've not been finding as many excuses to not run as I was when I was trying to run higher mileage.
I recieved my school assignment for my Girls on the Run team today. It looks like I'll be coaching 3rd through 5th grade at an elementary school in Chesterfield. There are two other women coaching with me. So far we've got ten girls signed up, we're hoping for fifteen total. I'm excited. Hopefully it'll be a fun experience, and who knows, maybe next year I'll try to get a school started out in my neighborhood. How cool would that be?

6 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the runs so far, Kristi. I want to get back on the treadmill SO bad, but my legs says NO!!!!

Anonymous said...

AT least you are getting your runs in - Nice job.

Faithful Soles said...

Sorry, I forgot to mention my PR10K (Promote Running to 10,000 Kids) program. Since you are coaching 3rd-5th graders, be sure to read about it. Thanks.

Jason The Running Man said...

Great blog, found you off CRN

L*I*S*A said...

Great job getting in the runs on the TM. It's not always easy, but it gets the job done. I'm very impressed with your work with Girls on the Run. I'd love to get involved with that someday.

Stephanie said...

Girls on the Run sounds interesting - keep us posted!