Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Baby gifts already

Today two of my coworkers brought gifts for our baby to the meeting that we had over lunchtime. I just love baby stuff. They bought us toys from out registry, including the plush blocks, a prone activity mat, and two toys that attach to the stroller or car seat and kind of "jitter" and make noise when you pull on them. So cute. So I decided that as I unpackaged the stuff after work today, this would be a good day to start teaching the Max dog the difference between his toys and the baby's toys.
We'll see how it works out. He didn't really seem too interested in most of the baby's toys so far. He gave them the obligatory sniff and then walked away. The only one that held his attention was the yellow plush block, which when you squeeze it makes a quacking noise like a duck. This one he most certainly took issue with. I think he's grasped (for now) that this is not his toy thought, as he got scolded each time he tried to pick it up with his slobbery dog mouth. I'll just have to remember to wash that one before giving it to the baby. So now I'm off to write thank you notes. I figure the best defense in this case is a good offense and if I write the notes as the gifts come in, it's one less chore to deal with later on.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

It's so good that your dog is SLOWLY trying adjust to the idea of a baby coming into the house. I should get my gift for the baby out this weekend to you.