Monday, October 15, 2007

Back after a two week hiatus

I've been a little too busy to blog lately. With the husband out of town and a baby to take care of on my own, things have been a little crazy here to say the least. But husband is back as of last night, so blogging shall resume. I've been running pretty regularly over the past two weeks. I'm still only doing two miles a day, as that's about all I've got time for, but I'm increasing my speed and I'm now down to nine minute miles comfortably. I've not yet ventured outside, as the baby is too young for the jogging stroller and there hasn't been anyone to watch her.
I've also started my core strenghtening program back up, and although I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, the muscle tone is still sorely lacking. My belly is still "jelly -like" hopefully that's not a permanent change...
I have to go back to week in two weeks...I just finished buying all of the supplies that Shannon needs to start daycare when I go back to work. I thought that I was okay with leaving her at daycare, but now that I've actually purchased everything that she needs, it's starting to really sink in, and it's getting a little more difficult. I'm sure she'll do wonderfully there, and I feel really god about the place that she will be going, but I still am going to have a dreadfully hard time leaving my sweetie with someone all day.
I was supposed to have another week after these two weeks, but the girl who's been covering my maternity leave just turned in her resignation, so my boss and I played let's make a deal and he made me an offer that I really couldn't pass up...so I'm going back a week earlier. Boo for work.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Kristi, it will take a little bit of time to get used to your little one to day care. Don't be too hard on yourself if you find yourself calling in to check in (even hourly sometimes!). It's normal and part of the process to re-adjust back to the real world after baby.

Sonia said...

Hey Kristi, it's been a while! Shannon must be all grown up. Hope you are doing well and the family too.

Take care

Faithful Soles said...

I hope all is well since your last post.

Sonia said...

Hard to believe it's been a year since you last posted! Hope Shannon is doing well and that you're still happily running! We miss you here in blogland!

Take care Kristi!